American Association of People with Disabilities
They are a large online community. The American Association of people with Disabilities even has a section that explains the health care reform that President Obama recently passed. It also has a section for disability employments.
The National Organization on Disability
- Non private organization. The National Organization of Disability does a lot of research on disability employment issues and they try to increase employment as much as possible.
Michigan vocational rehab services
Goodwill Industries of Southwestern Michigan, Inc.
- (269) 382-0490
- A non-profit organization that provides education, training, and employment services to people who live with disabling conditions and other special needs to maximize their employment potential.
- For more information on employment services:
- (269) 343-0747
- Employment services to help adults with disabilities find supported employment in the community. Offer individual placements- the individual is placed in a position with on-going support from MRC staff or Work Crew- group of individuals supervised by MRC staff to do routine work at sites within the community.
Disability Network of Southwest Michigan
- Disability Network provides support to persons with disabilities seeking to obtain or retain employment.
- Visit their website at: http://www.dnswm.org/employment.aspx
Volunteer Center of Greater Kalamazoo
- (269) 382-8350
Michigan Works! Employment and Resource Center
- (269) 383- 2536
Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth- Rehabilitation Services
- (269) 337- 3700
- A person is eligible for MRS services if the disability causes problems in preparing for, finding, or keeping a job. Must also require MRS services in order to work.
- Are You Eligible? Find out here:
- What are MRS services? Find out here:
- A non-profit organization that specializes in staffing Americans with disabilities who require home-based work.
- Contact/Apply Online at:
Online Resources For Help:
Websites to Help understand the Laws